Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations Regulations 1998: LOLER Thorough Examination
A regular thorough examination is required by LOLER lifting regulations. These regulations apply to all organisations whose employees use lifting equipment whether owned by them or not. Regulations place the responsibility of ensuring a competent qualified person inspects lifts on the lift owner or site manager.
LOLER thorough examinations or lift inspections are required by law to improve health and safety and reduce the risk of accidents due to faulty or un-serviced lifts.
LOLER Lift Inspection Regulations Include:
- Duty holders are responsible for ensuring lifts are examined at statutory intervals
- Lifts and hoists used to lift people or loads must be examined by a ‘competent person’
- Any defects or faults with lifting equipment must be remedied promptly
- Accurate records and documentation must be kept and made available
- LOLER inspections must be carried out every 6 months for passenger lifts or 12 months for goods lifts) to ensure they are safe to use
Independent LOLER Inspections Thorough Examinations
It is recommended that these examinations are not carried out by your maintenance provider but by an independent person/s to ensure unbiased opinions. Check with your lift insurance/building insurance to check if these inspections are included. If not we can arrange third party inspections on your behalf. We can also carry out these LOLER inspections if we are not your current maintenance provider.
Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations: 1998: PUWER Inspection
Some of the PUWER Regulations include:
- Placing the responsibility of maintaining machinery, such as lifting equipment, with companies who own, operate or have control over the machinery.
- Regular maintenance of work equipment to upkeep a safe condition.
- Equipment inspections to detect faults and improve health and safety.
- Proper health and safety measurements being in place in the event of equipment failure.
- Lift maintenance is restricted to those with full training and qualifications.
Clyde Valley Lifts have been maintaining lifts and helping our customers with their lift responsibilities for over 20 years. Our dedicated team of engineers will ensure that your lift is maintained as per PUWER and remind you of your regular LOLER inspections. Read more about our quality lift maintenance services.
Whatever your query regarding your lift, get in touch via email or call 0141 774 0786 now for further details or for a quote.